L40 (40mm-1.5″) Peristaltic Pump Information
The Enviroflex L40 peristaltic hose pump is made from mild steel with a black powder coat finish and comes with 1 1/2″ BSPT connections in 316 stainless steel. The 40 mm hose bore allows for soft solids handling up to 32 mm and maximum hard solids handling up to 6 mm. The L40 is capable of a maximum continuous flow rate of 6552 L/HR (9828 L/HR intermittent) and comes with a precision ground industrial rubber hose and lubricant (specially formulated for use with our roller design of peristaltic pumps).
Quick Pump SelectionClick on the pump model that best suits your requirements for more detail
(At 15 RPM)
Key benefits over direct competitors
Roller Versus Shoe in Peristaltic Pumps
The majority of industrial peristaltic hose pumps use a shoe to compress the hose, shoes typically have a greater surface area and by virtue of being static result in a larger amount of resistance and as a consequence transfer a greater amount of heat into the hose. Heat is one of the key influences in determining hose life and so heat generation is ideally kept to a minimum.
Greater stroke length / displacement per revolution
Most of our peristaltic hose pump sizes in the L-range displace a greater volume of product per revolution compared to the same (bore) size pump from our competitors, this means the pump can achieve the same flow running slower (increasing hose life) or offer a greater flow rate at the same output speed.
Key benefits over different pump technologies
• Product is completely contained within the hose element (no gaskets, seals, balls or rotors to wear or clog) meaning reduced spares costs and typically lower maintenance times.
• Peristaltic pumps are extremely considerate to shear sensitive products due to their low running speed.
• Excellent at handling delicate substances, for example retaining the air in batter mix, keeping fruit pieces whole in yogurt and transferring whole fish from trawlers.
• Can dry run / pump mediums containing gas
• Self prime up to 9 metres
• Excellent dosing accuracy.
Non standard peristaltic pump options for the L40 hose pump
Heated water jackets
To protect a product from freezing or more is the case, setting off. The heating jacket is essentially a rectangular cavity that runs the length of the outer side wall and is piped with heated water or oil. Peristaltic pumps excel at pumping viscous product and when fitted with a heating jacket make our pumps ideally suited for pumping things like chocolate when used in combination with one of our food grade hoses.
Exceeding current market standards we have built heavily reinforced, high pressure peristaltic pumps rated to 20 barg.
Other non standard options
Include stainless steel gear motor cowls for food safe wash down areas, mobility options in the way of castors or trolleys and exotic metals and coating finishes for entire pumps or just key wetted parts.
L40 Pump Details
- Maximum Working Pressure: 10 Bar (145 Psi)
- Fluid Displacement Per Rev: 1.82 Litres (0.481 US Gallon)
- Maximum Continuous Working Speed: 60 RPM
- Maximum Intermittent Working Speed: 90 RPM
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 100°C (212°F)
- Maximum Soft Solids Capability: 32mm (1 1/4”)
- Maximum Hard Solids Capability: 6mm (1/4”)
- Maximum Suction Lift on Water: 9 Metres (27 feet)
- Typical Weight (Varies with drive): 250 Kg (550 lbs)
Standard Specification (Optional Extras)
- Body Material: Mild Steel (304 SS, 316 SS, Exotic Materials)
- Body Finish: Powder Coated Black (BZP, Galv, Polished SS, Exotic Coatings)
- Rotor Material/Finish: Aluminium (BZP, 304 SS, 316 SS, Exotic Coatings)
- Connection Material: 316 SS (304 SS, Exotic Coatings, Exotic Materials)
- Connection Type: BSPT (NPT, Tri-Clamp, PN16, ANSI, IDF, RJT, Camlock)
- Connection Size: 1 1/2" (40mm)
- Connection Orientation: 9 o'clock (3 o'clock, 6 o'clock, 12 o'clock)